Monday, March 14, 2011

4 candles on a Racecar cake


Saturday I lit four candles on a race car cake and joined in singing the "happy birthday song" in celebration of our middle child. Each time I add another candle, it's bitter sweet....but today I choose to dwell on the sweet....I will REMEMBER the blessings of the Lord.....for isn't it my memories of God's provision in the past that spurs on my trust for today? So I will take a few moments to remember the last four years.... the ways that God has loved us.... through our children and used them to draw us closer to Him.
The Bible tells us that our father KNOWS how to give good gifts...and boy does he ever!
Nathan's name alone means "gift from God" and how true that has been every day of his life. He was given to us 6 months before our world temporarily fell apart. His sweet spirit, big smiles and spunkiness met us on some of the most difficult days... and I counted all of them as blessings in the storm. Nate was not only a gift to us but also to Luke....what a great brother God gave Luke at just the right time.
So many things have happened. Ive overcome huge hurdles, found freedom from things that bound me, grown spiritually in ways unprecedented, watched some of my fears melt away, found joy that had been buried......and it's all marked by four candles on a cake....a small span of time representing the BIG love of God....
The past four years have been filled with airplanes, constructions trucks, race cars, sword fights, and lots and lots of story books! Each day, I've been amazed with the ways that God is growing Nate in stature and wisdom and the favor that God is showing our family.....the ways that God continually teaches me about His love for me through the love I experience for my children....and the ways he teaches me about my response to him through the ways my children show love to me.
Nathan's birth marks the beginning of a time of God's work in our family that brings about words of praise to my lips!
Praise you God for the big things you've done in us over the last four years and
also for small ways you've loved us:
1. for little feet running down the hall
2. tiny voices producing constant chatter
3. toys spread across every room in the house
4. bare feet outside
5. lots and lots of giggles
6. short arms wrapped around my neck
7. "Mommy, I love you"
8. cartoon pajamas
9. children learning to read
10. big brown eyes
11. smiles and kisses
12. friendship
12. family growing together in love

No comments:

Post a Comment